Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chafing--Awkward But True

   I've been an avid runner for the last 17 months, running over 2,600 miles, but have consistently battled one problem--CHAFING OF MY CHEST.  This is not something I would typically write about (TURN OFF), but I believe many runners go through this so I thought I would share a funny story and a fix to the problem.
   I tried using sports tape, vaseline, tight fitting and loose fitting clothes, band-aids, etc... Sports tape would get wet, fall off, or rip my chest hair out (EEWWW), vaseline would stain shirts (double EEWWW), clothes just don't work loose or tight, and band-aids didn't stand up to the sweat. I also had a funny incident where I forgot to take the white sports tape off and started cutting my lawn with my shirt off. I noticed and wondered how many neighbors saw that one (OMG).  My wife and kids got such a laugh out of that one and so did I at my own expense and self humiliation!
  One day I was putting New-Skin® Liquid Bandage   http://www.prestigebrands.com/new-skin.htm on a cut and thought this might just be the ticket.  My wife coined a marketing name that New-Skin® could use for runners...Tender Buds...I just about fell off my chair with laughter...Anyway, thought you would enjoy this bit of self humiliation and potential cure for chafing chest.  Nexcare No-Sting Liquid Bandage Spray, .61 oz.

Here is a bit of Office humor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzwf8O4ZCKk

1 comment:

Search Engine Submission - AddMe GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site! Let's Move Running Training Log My Zimbio